KKPT The Point 94.1 General Contest Rules
Specific Contests may also have additional rules. Complete rules are available upon request through our web site, available at the front desk, and may be faxed or emailed.
WHO MAY ENTER
– Contests are open to Arkansas Residents 18 and older or 21 and older depending on the specific contest. Contests are not open to employees and members of their immediate families or households of KKPT The Point 94.1 their sponsors, other radio broadcast organizations, their employees and their immediate family members. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
HOW TO ENTER
– Contests are conducted as:
CONTESTS DONE ON-LOCATION
- Call to enter: “The ‘nth caller will be selected to play.” Caller may need to be able to supply the correct answer, or just be the right sequence of caller. The contest lines for KKPT The Point 94.1 are 501-433-0094 and 1-800-844-0094. The station is not responsible for any busy signals, power outages, misdirected phone calls or malfunctions of telephone equipment systems.
- E-mail to enter: www.kkpt.com
: Register to Win boxes for prizes are conducted at many live broadcasts. There may be specific rules for that prize(s) listed on the box as to age requirements or when the drawing will be held. Depending on the numbers of prizes to be awarded, drawings may be done at several different times during the remote, once at the end, or a winner will be drawn the next day. The client also may make a decision as to when a drawing is done. If there is no client dictate, the on-air personality has the discretion to award prizes. If the winner does not accept the prize they are awarded, they are not entitled to any other prize unless offered by the client or the station representative at the remote. If the official rules state that a contest is a “must be present to win” contest, you must be present at the time of the final drawing to claim a prize, no exceptions.
LIMITATIONS ON WINNING
– In the conduct of a contest, decisions of the station staff and management are final and binding on all participants.
In order for prizes to be awarded, the winner may be required to sign an eligibility affidavit and liability release waiver before prize will be awarded. The winner must come to the KKPT The Point 94.1, 2400 Cottondale Lane, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202, between the hours of 8am and 5pm (Monday through Friday) to claim their prize unless otherwise specified in the rules of the contest/promotion. All prize winners will be required to submit a copy of valid identification.
All qualifying calls to KKPT The Point 94.1 may be taped for later broadcast or aired live. All winners must acknowledge, before receipt of the actual prizes that KKPT The Point 94.1shall have the right to publicize and broadcast their name, likeness, and voice to promote their qualifying and participation in the contest. Prizes are non-transferable. As a condition for receipt of the prize, the winners must sign a document releasing KKPT The Point 94.1 and Signal Media of Arkansas from any and all liability arising out of his or her receipt of the prizes and its ownership and use. All federal, state, and local taxes, all licensing and title fees, insurance, and all other expenses associated with ownership of the prize will be the responsibility of the winners. A 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner and filed with the Internal Revenue Service acknowledge that, under federal law, notification of their winnings in excess of $599 shall be forwarded to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. KKPT The Point 94.1 is not responsible for and will provide no warranties regarding the use of a grand prize. All prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning. Failure to collect prizes constitutes forfeiture of prizes. If forfeited, prize will remain the property of KKPT The Point 94.1. Another winner will not be selected.
One winner per household or immediate family. Winner is eligible to play and win other games & contests on KKPT The Point 94.1. The Point 94.1 and Signal Media of Arkansas, Inc., their representatives, agencies and employees are not responsible for any changes or difficulties in travel or prize delivery. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official contest rules. KKPT The Point 94.1 and Signal Media of Arkansas reserve the right to amend these rules at any time without any additional or advance notice. These rules may not be modified, except in writing, and then, only by a representative of KKPT The Point 94.1.
Odds of winning:
The odds of winning or being selected as an official finalist are dependant upon the number of entries and/or specific rules regarding individual contests.
The Point 94.1, Relyance Bank Big Buck Classic $10,000 giveaway:
- The Point 94.1, Relyance Bank Big Buck Classic $10,000 giveaway
- Contest is open to Arkansas Residents Only.
- Must be at least 18 years old or older to register.
- No purchases necessary.
- On-air qualifying will begin on January 7, 2019 and end on January 24, 2019. The Point 94.1 will qualify up to 25 people. To qualify, go to the Contest page at kkpt.com and fill out the online registration. Then listen each weekday at 9:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. for your name to be called. When you hear your name, you’ll have 9 minutes and 41 seconds to call in. If you call back in that amount of time, you will qualify to win $10,000.00. The contest phone numbers are 501-433-0094. An additional 25 listeners will have the opportunity to qualify on KABZ 103.7. 106.7 The Ride will qualify 14 listeners. Attendees of the Arkansas Big Buck Classic (ABBC) will also have a chance to qualify by filling out a registration form.
- If the registration blank from the ABBC is not completely filled out, The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7 and ABBC, have the right to disqualify the entrant’s registration blank. The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7 and ABBC have sole discretion to determine whether the registration blank is completely filled out.
- The grand prize drawing will be held Saturday, February 2, 2019 at at Bradford Marine & ATV, 8020 Landers Rd, North Little Rock. Qualifiers will check at The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, 106.7 The Ride table between 9:00am and 10:00am to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. If you are not checked in by 10am, you will be automatically disqualified. If a qualifier does not comply with these rules, the qualifier will be automatically disqualified from the final drawing. Then the stations will conduct a reverse drawing beginning at 10:01am eliminating all but 5 qualifiers. The final five (5) qualifiers will draw an electronic combination to attempt to unlock safe. The person whose combination opens the safe will be the grand prize winner.
- The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7 and ABBC are not responsible in any way if, for any reason, any qualifier is not contacted or fails to be present on time for the drawing on February 2, 2019
- The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7 and ABBC have sole discretion to determine whether an individual(s) is violating the spirit of the competition by engaging in actions to gain an unfair advantage over other participants and to take appropriate action to restrict those actions.
- One qualifier per household or immediate family. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
- Qualifiers are eligible to play and win other games & contests on The Point 94.1.
- Employees and immediate families of The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7, Signal Media of Arkansas, ABBC, Relyance Bank, and other media companies are not eligible to win.
- All qualifying calls to The Point 94.1 may be taped for later broadcast or aired live. All winners must acknowledge, before receipt of the actual prizes, that The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7, Relyance Bank and ABBC shall have the right to publicize and broadcast their name, likeness, and voice to promote their qualifying and participation in the contest.
- All federal, state, and local taxes, all licensing and title fees, insurance, and all other expenses associated with ownership of the prize will be the responsibility of the winners. Winner will receive a 1099 for the value of the grand prize. Winner will work directly ABBC representative on stipulations of the prize.
- As a condition for receipt of the prize, the winners must sign a document releasing The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7, Signal Media of Arkansas, Relyance Bank, Bradford Marine & ATV and ABBC from any and all liability arising out of his or her receipt of the prizes and its ownership and use.
- The Point 94.1, KABZ 103.7, KHLR 106.7, Signal Media of Arkansas and ABBC reserve the right to amend these rules at any time without any additional or advance notice. These rules may not be modified, except in writing, and then, only by a representative of The Point 94.1/KABZ 103.7/ KHLR 106.7 and ABBC.
The Big Talent Show Rules
- Contest open to Arkansas residents of all ages.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prizes: First Place $3,500; Second Place $1,000; Third Place $500. One vocalist will be chosen to appear in a commercial with
- One entry per family can be selected to compete in the finals.
- Employees and immediate families of Signal Media of Arkansas, participating sponsors, and their advertising agencies and other media companies and are not eligible to win.
- To Enter: Complete registration form including link to video of act. From the videos submitted 12 will be chosen to compete live at the State Fair. Registrations will be accepted until Sunday, October 7. Finalists will be contacted the week of Oct. 8.
- The final competition will be held Monday, Oct 15 at the State Fair on the Steve Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Stage.
- In the interest of time, full bands will not be accepted. And all performances should be kept to five minutes or less.
- Performers will be judged by a panel chosen by Signal Media of Arkansas. Each performer will be given a score between 1-10 by each judge.
- Participants must acknowledge that Signal Media of Arkansas and GWL Advertising shall have the right to publicize and broadcast their name, likeness, and voice to promote their qualifying and participation in the contest.
- First and second place winners will receive a 1099 for the value of prize.
- As a condition to receiving a prize, the winner must sign a document releasing Signal Media of Arkansas and participating sponsors from any and all liability arising out of his or her receipt of the prize and its ownership and use.
- Signal Media of Arkansas reserve the right to amend the contest rules at any time and substitute similar or like prize of same value.